december 16, 2012

vitra sale excitement.

vitra sale (everything -50% off)


this is how it went...
6.30 AM: alarmclock. i must be crazy to go stand in line for 2hours in the cold. but i got up, got dressed and off i went( i did have a short but brief discussion with myself about the going or not going).
i arrived at 7.10 am. i knew that i wasn't going to be the only crazy person. this picture shows that i was right. 






















8am: i started talking with the people before and after me in the waiting line. standing there alone at that time of day: ok, but for me to not speak to anyone for two hours : not a chance. we were talking about which item we came for and the shared passion for design. kindred spirits to say the least (i was especially relieved that none of them were after the same as me- enlarged my chances of really getting it).
time flew by... and... then... it was 8.55am.
i could hear everyone breath a little louder and faster. getting ready to run through the door in about 5 minutes and get what they came for. 
i was (honestly) thinking to myself: i will NOT run. come on, lets keep this real, uh? but when i came to the door, i saw the Eames storage unit and a man standing next to it and well, yeah.. i am a bit ashamed about it but.. i ran! oh my... did i ran. i saw it, i ran to it and i threw myself on it! this was going to be MINE! woot woot! 
i am honered to share with all of you that i got it! i am looking at it as we speak. it is standing in MY livingroom. in MY livingroom. 
this might sound a bit shallow, but i really can't seem to care. we are happy with it. it made my weekend. no, it made my year (as it is almost over anyway). 
we rearranged some stuff around in the house and found her (the unit) a great spot. i think she is happy to be here with us. 
et voilĂ , here she is:





the only thing that wasn't so fun about our weekend: jules who got sick. that poor little boy.
but he is getting better every hour.

hope your weekend was a good one!

xoxo

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Hey, juist je blog ontdekt...
    Moet erg lachen en zie het voor me dat je niet wil lopen en het dan toch doet ;-)))
    Ik volg je nu.
    Katrien x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. ja het was een beetje een komisch zicht, dat is het minste dat ik kan zeggen, gelukkig heb ik mezelf niet zien lopen!!!
      bedankt om te volgen! tot snel
      x

      Verwijderen
  2. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board
    and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much.
    I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me.



    Here is my web page :: Louis Vuitton Online

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

thanks for sharing your thoughts <3